Virtual Learning Resources
MNPS Virtual Learning Playbook
SEL at Meigs (and at Home)
Synchronous Learning Behavior Expectations
The Virtual Learning Playbook provides information to parents about how school will operate during the 2020-2021 school year. Based on evolving health and safety guidelines and the needs of students and families, MNPS will share updates as they become available. When it’s safe to provide an in-person learning option and reopen our schools, we will. Families can choose to continue with virtual learning if they remain uncomfortable with returning to classrooms. At that time, MNPS will adhere to strict guidelines and protocols for maintaining safe teaching and learning environments.
Social emotional learning (SEL) is how students learn to process and manage emotions as well as important social skills. It includes everything from goal setting to stress management, and it provides both children and adults with tools they can use to express themselves authentically and appropriately. SEL helps students build healthy relationships, communicate effectively, and live a meaningful life.
Visit MEIGS SEL
- Audio should be on mute unless the student is asked to speak.
- Students should show their face on the camera.
- Only students who are receiving instruction should be on the camera/participating in class.
- During synchronous instruction students should be fully engaged.
- Students should be fully clothed, with no inappropriate language, drug/alcohol, weapons on their clothing, or they will be asked to change to participate on camera.
Car Rider Information
Car Rider Map
Late Arrival / Early Dismissal
- According to school drop-off procedures, students must be dropped off in the back of the building (this includes Fun Company). If parents do not want to drop students off in the back, they may choose to park at the end of 7th street (in the parking spaces adjacent to Douglas Park, but not on 7th street), or they may park on Ramsey street (but not in the front driveway of the school which is the MTA bus lane). However, if parents choose to park next to Douglas Park or on Ramsey Street, they must walk their children up to the school’s side walk starting at 7:30 am.
- If you arrive early to drop off a student (prior to 7:25 am), please park in the left lane and leave a space open so staff members can access the back parking lot. The right lane should only be used by parents who are dropping off students enrolled in Fun Company.
- If the left lane is full, feel free to park in the back parking lot spaces by the soccer fields and then rejoin the right lane of traffic starting at 7:25 am.
- If you arrive early to drop off a student, they must stay in the car with you until 7:25 am. At this time, Mr. King or Mr. Beasley will begin the process of unloading.
- Please refrain from entering the school parking lot from 7th street. This is an exit only. It is clearly marked as an exit. Entering this way could cause a serious accident and may result in a traffic ticket.
- Please do not park on 7th street along the side of the building in the morning or afternoon. There are signs that clearly state it is illegal to park there during these times. This may result in a traffic ticket. In addition, it creates an unsafe situation for parents who are exiting the parking lot.
If your student will be arriving to school late for any reason, they will need to sign in through the Main Office. If a student has been to an appointment, please ask the doctor to provide you with an excuse note for school. Students being dismissed early for appointments will be called to the office when the parent arrives to pick them up. We do not call students from their classroom to wait in the office for a parent to get here so to provide the student with the maximum instructional time possible. A student being dismissed early can only be released to those individuals that are listed on the current Student Information Sheet filled out by parents at the beginning of the school year.
Many Meigs families choose to car pool or drive to school. A car pool is a great way to meet classmates or neighbors attending in your area and it relieves the hassle of driving. To connect with families:
- EVRITS ZIP CODE SEARCH: Login to EVRITS to search your zip and meet other Meigs families in your neighborhood. Find out about how they handle transportation. Or network to make a carpool or find a bus buddy. If you are getting Meigs emails, that email is in the system as your login.
- The school will print Carpool cards with your unique carpool number for all of the students in the carpool. This will allow all parents to have their own card.
- If you lose or forget to bring the card, feel free to write the carpool number on a large piece of paper with a thick marker and place it on your dash board during student pickup.
WeGo/Bus Rider Information
"Try the Ride"
WeGo offers free ridership for MNPS students with registered IDs. Your ID registration with WeGo serves as fare and parent permission. Last years IDs will work until September of the following school year when new ID's are issued. You may have limited opportunities to replace the ID if your child loses it. And fines to replace it may be very steep. ID's are issued within the first month of school. You will have to provide your fare money until your child is issued their ID. The ID MUST be linked with a MTA form provided at orientation. Fares are $1 for children. It is always good to have emergency bus money in the bottom of a back pack. Click WeGo STUDENT GUIDE for more info.
When in-person school resumes, check back for more information about "Try the Ride."