Grounds and Beautification
Responsibilities of Grounds & Beautification
- Weed all flower/shrub beds on Meigs grounds (usually 3 hours every week from April-Oct)
- Water planters in front and back of school. This is every other day from May-Oct unless it rains. This involves hauling buckets from spigots or dragging lengths of hose.
- Water new trees and plants on grounds during drought periods.
- Plant planters in front and back in spring and fall.
- Plant annuals in front beds, back gym bed, and front walk in the spring.
- Pick up trash (honestly, this is a huge part of the job. So much trash)
- Prune shrubs and trees as needed.
- Clean up dead annuals and prune grasses in early spring
- Coordinate Hands on Nashville day in Sept and assist the Hands On Nashville leader with mulch supervision.
- Finish spreading the mulch left from Hands On Nashville day.
- Assign the weeding of some of the beds to volunteers.