We do take cash, personal checks, VISA, MC, AMEX with a square reader.
The new order has finally arrived! V neck shirts, zippered hoodies in grey and pink, jade and sapphire ladies and junior shirts, t's with smaller Meigs designs, Cavalier hoodies, crew neck sweatshirts, and three tie dye colors, including a new rainbow color, are now in stock.
Still on SALE we have embroidered stadium blankets, select larger size junior cut and regular t's, and YM and large zippered hoodies.
Long sleeve shirts have been ordered and will be available after Fall Break.
Please Donate Clothing to the Meigs Clothing Closet, Pants/Shorts Needed! We are still collecting gently used Meigs Wear to be distributed to students in need of SSA. There is a box for items in the lobby. Over Spring break please round up MeigsWear as well as much needed shorts and pants. Thank you. The Meigs Mart Team
Meigs mart is not a fundraiser it is a community builder. We keep our markup to a minimum in order to provide everyone with great meigswear and allow stock to refresh throughout the year. We also give away mart items as incentives, rewards and work with various clubs, fundraisers and through our meigs moola discipline/reward plan. We are always looking for great volunteers. It is an easy way to keep a presence at the school and help out.
Questions? Contact Mart Chairs: JenniferErickson firstname.lastname@example.org
EmilyNutt email@example.com Why don't we sell online? We found a parent volunteer to tackle this. Look for announcements this Fall.
MEIGS MART PROCESS
You must be fully set up and ready to sell at 2.45pm on regular Meigs Mart Thursdays
1. BANNER Collect Meigs Mart banner from the Meigs Mart Closet. It is kept on the left hand side as you walk into the closet. Hang banner outside on the ‘hook up’ side of the school. As you exit the building the first two brick pillars on your left have the hooks for the banner to slide into.
2. MEIGS MART CASH BOX Go to the school office and ask any member of the admin team to open the PTO closet, which is located opposite the Vice Principals office.
When you open the PTO closet there is a filing cabinet. On top of this is a GREY cash box, labeled Meigs Mart. Take it!
3. STOCK In the grey box is a single gold key. This opens the Meigs Mart Closet where you find all the stock. Everything should be clearly stacked from largest to smallest sizes.
4. SET UP There should be 2 tables in the lobby for you. If not, liaise with the school office to locate them. The tables should be placed on the right hand side of the lobby (as you enter from the back) in front of the trophy cabinets.
In the MM Closet you will find a tall cardboard box with white poles in. These create a walkway between the tables and the closet. Place the poles in the hallway to the closet door, linking them with the maroon ribbon. This prevents anyone from walking directly into the closet. It is a good idea to keep the poles against the wall at first to keep the hallways clear for the rush that follows the end of day bell.
Lay out the stock. Separate the sale items from the current items. There are hangers on the wall displaying one of each style of product, these can be used to display stock along the walls behind the table. There are also clear hooks on the walls where you can display stock.
Roll the grey cart out and put it at the end of the tables NEAREST THE DOORS TO THE REAR OF THE BUILDING and this should be used as the payment point. Have the Please Pay Here sign and cashbox here and one member of the team, who has the square should be stationed here and just handle payments, leaving the other team members to serve customrs.
Check how much Petty Cash is in the box and make a note it!
5. SALES As soon as the bell goes, it can get a little crazy! Have the cash box with one person who oversees the cash in and out of the box, and runs the Square (often you have to hold this out by the door to get a good signal).
Sometimes an item is returned. We accept exchanges as long as the item has not been obviously worn. Swapping out sizes is pretty common. No problem, we want the kids to love being in Meigs wear!
6. PACK UP Once the sales have stopped it is time to pack up. Refold and put all stock back into the closet in the correct place and with sizes clearly showing. Create the piles from largest at the bottom to smallest on the top, keeping all styles together. Take the outside banner down and return it to the closet, tucked away in the corner.
7. MONEY 2 people then count the money. Collect a PTO Deposit Slip and envelope (found in the white drawers on the shelf in the closet as you walk in). Remember to keep your float out and replace it in the cash box in split notes ($1 are always good to have!).
Count the takings and fill in the form accurately. Have the 2nd person double check. Both sign the bottom of the form.
Go into the office and PHOTOCOPY the deposit slip or take picture with your phone and email to Vanessa or firstname.lastname@example.org. Place the original deposit slip in a white envelope (also in the white drawers) along with the corresponding cash and checks. On the front of the envelope write MEIGS MART and the date.
Place the photocopy of the deposit slip in the white drawers in the Meigs Mart Closet. Put the sealed envelope in the secure PTO box in the main office. It is on the wall beside the entrance door and is GREY. Check the envelope falls all the way into the box!
Once the MM Closet has been locked (and you do need to LOCK it not just close it!!), place the key back into the Grey Meigs Mart Cash Box. Return the MM Cash Box to the PTO Closet. Close PTO Closet.
8. CELEBRATE! Give yourself a huge high five! Thank you SO much for volunteering and helping make Meigs Mart successful. The kids love it!